Who doesn't love General Tso's (General Gao's) Chicken? Sweet, spicy, yummy goodness. I wrote a recipe for a weeknight fix for when you're craving Chinese food RIGHT NOW, and it only takes three ingredients!
-Wok Oil: Sun Luck Seasoned Wok Oil is cheap and delicious!! I haven't tried another brand and have no need to. This flavor blend is perfect.
-Trader Joe's sweet chili sauce: $1.49 a bottle and is an essential for your fridge/cabinet.
-boneless, skinless chicken breasts: You can get great organic ones at Trader Joe's. Bell and Evans' organic products are also great -- and of course, local farms!
-Use a cast-iron pan! HashtagLodgeforlife.
THREE-INGREDIENT CHINESE CHICKEN
-1 pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
-2 T. (approx.) Sun Luck wok oil
-1/2 bottle Trader Joe's sweet chili sauce
1. Heat cast-iron pan on medium-high until hot.
2. Add oil and let it get to a near sizzle.
3. Add chicken and stir until browned (well, actually, doesn't it make more sense to say "beiged?").
4. Cover and turn heat down to low for about 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked (check temp with meat thermometer). You may need to drain a bit of grease off, but it will be minimal.
5. Pour in the sweet chili sauce until the chicken is thoroughly covered.
6. Turn heat back up to high so the sauce will glaze. This happens quickly - 1-2 minutes.
7. Turn off the pan and serve!
Some excellent side dishes to accompany this chicken are broccoli made in a wok (again, with Sun Luck Wok Oil) and Feel GoodFoods [Gluten-Free] Vegetable Potstickers or Vegetable Egg Rolls (available in most grocery stores' frozen foods section).
Gluten- and dairy-free dinner that tastes just like takeout!