New York's hottest new club is called Instant Pot. Yes, yes, yes, this club has everything: lava cakes, steam release, steaming buckets ...
The Instant Pot hasn't jumped the shark yet, but perhaps it will be a food trend that will remain in our long-term food culture, just like coconut oil ... RIP OK and Orbitz Soda, two trends that didn't make it.
This recipe is so hands-off and gives you leftovers for at least one extra meal. It's good hot
and great as a sandwich the next day.
as THREE-INGREDIENT BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD
2 packs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2-3/4 c. Frank's Red Hot Sauce (use to taste)
1/2-3/4 c. Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese Salad Dressing (again, use to taste)
1. Prepare Instant Pot (IP), ensuring steam valve is closed.
2. Place chicken in pot and cover with water.
3. Select "slow cook" and then select "adjust" to put temperature to medium.
4. Set timer for 2:00.
5. Once the timer goes off, do a quick release.
6. TIME-SAVING HACK: Transfer chicken to your KitchenAid mixer and shred chicken, using the paddle attachment.
7. Mix in the hot sauce and blue cheese dressing to your liking. '
8. Garnish with carrots, celery, and Absolutely Gluten-Free crackers as you see fit.
Who doesn't love General Tso's (General Gao's) Chicken? Sweet, spicy, yummy goodness. I wrote a recipe for a weeknight fix for when you're craving Chinese food RIGHT NOW, and it only takes three ingredients!
-Wok Oil: Sun Luck Seasoned Wok Oil is cheap and delicious!! I haven't tried another brand and have no need to. This flavor blend is perfect.
-Trader Joe's sweet chili sauce: $1.49 a bottle and is an essential for your fridge/cabinet.
-boneless, skinless chicken breasts: You can get great organic ones at Trader Joe's. Bell and Evans' organic products are also great -- and of course, local farms!
-Use a cast-iron pan! HashtagLodgeforlife.
THREE-INGREDIENT CHINESE CHICKEN
-1 pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
-2 T. (approx.) Sun Luck wok oil
-1/2 bottle Trader Joe's sweet chili sauce
1. Heat cast-iron pan on medium-high until hot.
2. Add oil and let it get to a near sizzle.
3. Add chicken and stir until browned (well, actually, doesn't it make more sense to say "beiged?").
4. Cover and turn heat down to low for about 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked (check temp with meat thermometer). You may need to drain a bit of grease off, but it will be minimal.
5. Pour in the sweet chili sauce until the chicken is thoroughly covered.
6. Turn heat back up to high so the sauce will glaze. This happens quickly - 1-2 minutes.
7. Turn off the pan and serve!
Some excellent side dishes to accompany this chicken are broccoli made in a wok (again, with Sun Luck Wok Oil) and Feel GoodFoods [Gluten-Free] Vegetable Potstickers or Vegetable Egg Rolls (available in most grocery stores' frozen foods section).
Gluten- and dairy-free dinner that tastes just like takeout!